Well, after several weeks we completed the latest cigar box ‘uke and everyone seems well pleased with it. It looks good, and most importantly it sounds good. It will, of course take a few weeks of playing to settle in, like any instrument, but on the first night of being strung up it sounded really nice. Having a good quality mahogany box to start with makes a big difference. Here’s a small photo array of the final steps in bringing this instrument to life.
July 2013 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Soundboard Installation!
- Installing the Rose
- The Soundboard
- Adding the hook to the 8′ cherry Bridge
- 8′ cherry Bridge steamed, bent, clamped
- Bridges and Nuts
- Color/Paper samples for Harpsichord
- Soundboard joined and fitted
- Finally some new Harpsichord work
- Building a Flute & Whistle Library
- A Guitar Foot Stool
- A Neck Routing Jig
Pau Hana ‘Ukulele