Well, after several weeks we completed the latest cigar box ‘uke and everyone seems well pleased with it. It looks good, and most importantly it sounds good. It will, of course take a few weeks of playing to settle in, like any instrument, but on the first night of being strung up it sounded really nice. Having a good quality mahogany box to start with makes a big difference. Here’s a small photo array of the final steps in bringing this instrument to life.
- A Guitar Foot Stool
- A Neck Routing Jig
- A Greek Tzouras (Τζουράς) for my collection
- A sitar comes back to life
- Getting Ready for Steam Bending
- A couple of artist’s tools
- Some New Shop Furniture
- Hand Tool Education
- And now a site overhaul . . .
- Neapolitan Mandolin – back to life
- Update long overdue . . . a new workshop
- Learning to write an Icon
Pau Hana ‘Ukulele